Limitation of Liability
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY SINCE IT LIMITS THE LIABILITY OF SHEIN TO YOU.
(1) BY USING THE SERVICES, YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT WE ARE PROVIDING THE SERVICES, INCLUDING THE SITE, ON AN "AS IS" "AS AVAILABLE" AND "WITH ALL DEFAULTS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, AND TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE COMPANY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE SERVICE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR TRADE USAGE.
(2) WE MAKE NO PROMISES WITH RESPECT TO, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY FOR: (1) PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, PROGRAMMING, AND/OR ANYTHING ELSE PROVIDED BY A THIRD PARTY THAT IS ACCESSIBLE TO YOU THROUGH THE SERVICES; OR (2) THE QUALITY OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY YOU ENCOUNTER IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES.
(3) YOU AGREE THAT TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, YOU AGREE THAT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, COMPANY ENTITIES WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, REPUTATIONAL HARM, OR LOSS OF DATA (EVEN IF FORESEEABLE) ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SERVICES.
(4) YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SERVICES IS TO CEASE USE OF THE SERVICES.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR CERTAIN TYPES OF DAMAGES. AS A RESULT, THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU IN WHOLE OR IN PART.
12. LEGAL DISPUTES AND ARBITRATION AGREEMENT FOR USERS IN THE UNITED STATES
Please Read the Following Clauses Carefully – It May Significantly Affect Your Legal Rights, Including Your Right to File a Lawsuit in Court
12.1 Initial Dispute Resolution. We are available by email at email@example.com to address any concerns you may have regarding your use of the Services. Most concerns may be quickly resolved in this manner. Each of you and we agree to use best efforts to settle any dispute, claim, question, or disagreement directly through consultation and good faith negotiations which shall be a precondition to either party initiating a lawsuit or arbitration.
12.2 Agreement to Binding Arbitration. If we do not reach an agreed upon solution within a period of thirty (30) days from the time informal dispute resolution is pursued pursuant to the immediately preceding paragraph, then either party may initiate binding arbitration. All claims arising out of or relating to the Terms (including their formation, performance and breach), your and our relationship and/or your use of the Services shall be finally settled by binding arbitration administered by FLORIDA LAWS, in accordance with the FLORIDA LAWS Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures, excluding any rules or procedures governing or permitting class actions. Each party will have the right to use legal counsel in connection with arbitration at its own expense. You and we shall select a single neutral arbitrator in accordance with the FLORIDA LAWS Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures. The arbitrator, and not any federal, state or local court or agency, shall have exclusive authority to resolve all disputes arising out of or relating to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability or formation of the Terms, including, but not limited to, any claim that all or any part of the Terms is void or voidable. The arbitrator shall be empowered to grant whatever relief would be available in a court under law or in equity. The arbitrator’s award shall be in writing and provide a statement of the essential findings and conclusions, shall be binding on you and us and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction. The interpretation and enforcement of the Terms shall be subject to the Federal Arbitration Act.
The FLORIDA LAWS rules governing the arbitration may be accessed at https://www.jamsadr.com/adr-rules-procedures. If you initiate arbitration, to the extent the filing fee for the arbitration exceeds Five Hundred and Fifty U.S. Dollars ($550.00), we will pay the additional cost. If we are required to pay the additional cost of the filing fees, you should submit a request for payment of fees to FLORIDA LAWS along with your form for initiating the arbitration, and we will make arrangements to pay all necessary fees directly to FLORIDA LAWS. We will also be responsible for paying all other arbitration costs arising in connection with the arbitration, other than costs incurred by you for legal counsel, travel and other out-of-pocket costs and expenses not constituting fees or amounts payable to FLORIDA LAWS. You will not be required to pay fees and costs incurred by us if you do not prevail in arbitration. We will also pay FLORIDA LAWS to reimburse you for any portion of the $250 filing fee that is more than what you would otherwise have to pay to file suit in a court of law.
You and we understand that, absent this mandatory provision, you and we would have the right to sue in court and have a jury trial. You and we further understand that the right to discovery may be more limited in arbitration than in court.
12.3 Class Action and Class Arbitration Waiver. You and we each further agree that any arbitration shall be conducted in our respective individual capacities only and not as a class action, and you and we each expressly waive our respective right to file a class action or seek relief on a class basis. If any court or arbitrator determines that the class action waiver set forth in this paragraph is void or unenforceable for any reason or that an arbitration can proceed on a class basis, then the arbitration provision set forth above shall be deemed null and void in its entirety and you and we shall be deemed to have not agreed to arbitrate disputes.
12.4 Exception - Small Claims Court Claims. Notwithstanding your and our agreement to resolve all disputes through arbitration, either you or we may seek relief in a small claims court for disputes or claims within the scope of that court’s jurisdiction.
ONLY FOR CALIFORNIA STATE*
12.5 California Private Attorneys General Act (PAGA) Action. Notwithstanding the parties’ agreement to resolve all disputes through arbitration, either party may seek relief in a court of law for a claim arising under California’s Private Attorneys General Act.
12.6 30-Day Right to Opt-Out. You have the right to opt-out and not be bound by the arbitration and class action waiver provisions set forth above by sending written notice of your decision to opt-out by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org The notice must be sent within thirty (30) days of your agreement to the Terms, otherwise you shall be bound to arbitrate disputes in accordance with the terms of this Section. If you opt-out of these arbitration provisions, we also will not be bound by them.
12.7 Exclusive Venue for Litigation. To the extent that the arbitration provisions set forth above do not apply or if you have opted out of arbitration, you and we agree that any litigation between you and us shall be filed exclusively in state or federal courts located in California (except for small claims court actions which may be brought in the county where you reside). You and we expressly consent to exclusive jurisdiction in California for any litigation other than small claims court actions. In the event of litigation relating to the Terms or the Services, you and we agree to waive, to the maximum extent permitted by law, any right to a jury trial, except where a jury trial waiver is not permissible under applicable law.